Gallitzin Area Alumni Association Scholarship Fund, Inc.
Scholarships will be awarded annually at the Gallitzin Area Alumni Association Homecoming celebration held on the Sunday before Labor Day at the Oriental Ballroom, Gallitzin, PA.
The Gallitzin Area Alumni Association Scholarship Board of Directors will have control of proper procedures needed to disseminate the scholarships. Recipients will be invited to the annual Homecoming celebration, at which time the scholarships will be presented. The Scholarship Board reserves the right to have the final decision on all matters pertaining to the scholarships.
Effective June, 2012, the following regulations will apply:
- Scholarship applicants must have a valid sponsor who is a graduate of Gallitzin High School or has been a resident of Gallitzin for three consecutive years. The valid sponsor must be a member of the Gallitzin Area Alumni Associationand have paid up memberships for the past three consecutive years. Valid members are eligible to sponsor their children, grandchildren, and/or great grandchildren.
- In the event of the death of the Gallitzin Area Alumni Association member, the surviving spouse would be eligible to sponsor an applicant.
- Scholarship applicants must submit a request seeking an Alumni scholarship. Forms are available in the annual newsltter and on the website (above). Applicants must be accepted into a bona fide post secondary school. This includes, but is not limited to, tech schools, non-academic art schools, cooking schools, beautician schools, etc. Applicants must provide documentation verifying this information.
- The application must be accompanied by a 250 word essay entitled: "Why it is important for me to continue my education."
- The following time table will be in effect:
- The applicant can send in an application any time after graduating high school and upo to August 8, no exceptions. Last minute applications will not be accepted, as applications must be processed, winners will be notified, and program booklet must be printed prior to the Homecoming.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the Scholarship Committee no later than August 15.
- Applicants must notify Scholarship Committee of acceptance of the award by August 20 and relate to the committee their availability to attend the annual Homecoming to be held on the Sunday before Labor Day. Each scholarship recipient will receive one nontransferable complimentary ticket and will be seated in the honor section.
- Scholarships will be awarded to an individual student one time only.
- All single year donors must keep scholarships to a minimum of $300. They may designate any amount over $300 as they desire. Monies become the property of the Gallitzin Area Alumni Scholarship Fund and are subject to the above guidelines.
- The revision of the Gallitzin Area Alumni Association Scholarship Fund and by-laws have been considered to assure perpetuity of the scholarship awards.
- The Scholarship Committee will gladly confer with any person/family wishing to establish a scholarship. Please write to Scholarship Committee,
P.O. Box 1, Gallitzin, PA 16641.
Please Note the deadline on the Scholarship Application
In all fairness to the scholarship applicants, we cannot accept last minute applications. It takes time to process each one and send a response back before homecoming time and printing deadlines for our program booklet. Thank you.